The importance of medical doctors in Nigeria can’t be swept under the carpet or over emphasized and because of this fact Medicine in many countries are one of the most respected fields of study. Host of Nigerians wants to study in Nigerian Medical Schools but it is very reasonable for you to study at the Best Medical Schools in Nigeria which is one main reason we are creating this post with the heading that says Best Medical Schools in Nigeria 2016 .
Read Also: Best Airports in Nigeria 2016
List of Accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria 2016
1. University of Ibadan : This Medical School tops the list. University of Ibadan is the best Medical School in Nigeria and one of the best in the world . This is the largest college hospitals in Nigeria and it has the capability of handling serious medical treatments with adequate facilities and pronounced medical experts and consultants.
2. Obafemi Awolowo University: This school is abbreviated as OAU and it is the second best school to study medicine in Nigeria , in the South-West to be specific . Obafemi Awolowo University has a very good record when it comes to successfully treating serious medical cases and ailments and reinstating their patient to good health again .
3. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU) : At the third spot is Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria also known as ABU . The northerners are the ones familiar with this medical school and they will effortlessly comprehend me when i label this school one of the best medical school in Nigeria .
4. University of Lagos (UNILAG) : This medical school is located in Nigerian most populated state and that is Lagos state Nigeria . You would agree with me that most of the best things are found in Lagos… in the same line , University of Lagos (UNILAG) is one of the best medical school in Nigeria and it is located in the south west area of Nigeria.
5. Lagos State University Teaching Hospital(LASUTH) : Speaking on the Best Medical Schools in Nigeria , Lagos State University Teaching Hospital(LASUTH) is comfortably occupying the number five position . It will interest you to know that UNILAG’s college of medicine is divided into three faculties; The Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Clinical Sciences and the Faculty of Dental Sciences.
6. University Of Nigeria Nsukka : This school is located at the eastern end of Nigeria and this school is one of the most respected and prestigious university in Nigeria of all time .
7. University of Benin (UNIBEN) : This is Edo State owned University and it is another fantastic medical college that has been in existence for donkey years . Needless to say , this medical college is the best in South South . Once any case of ailment is beyond the capability of some major hospitals in Edo State they will be referred their teaching hospital UBTH .
Read Also: NECO releases 2016 June/July SSCE results
The remaining on the list are
8. University of Ilorin
9. Delta State University
10. Niger Delta University