Facebook is a fun place to get social but unfortunately some friends are really difficult to manage especially those that keep posting useless and annoying status updates. Annoying status update might not be the reason you wish to block someone on Facebook. It could be that you just ended a real life relation but Facebook keeps bringing back old memories of you and the person. You can decide to unfriend the person or better still BLOCK the user. There are several reasons to block a Facebook friend. Whatever is your own reason, this post is for you.
Funny enough, there are times we just want to get back to our blocked Facebook friends... It's a normal human tendency to have a change of mind and as we know "change is the only permanent thing"... So, if you gotten a change of heart as to unblock those on your blocked list, this guide is for you.
This guide will show you how to block as well as unblock your Facebook friends.
Facebook Block: How to Block and Unblock Your Facebook Friends
First of all we will look at how to block a Facebook friend before we proceed to see how to unblock them.
How to block a Facebook Friend
To block someone on Facebook, follow the steps below:
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click How do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Enter the name or email address of the Facebook user you want to block and click Block.
- If you entered a name, select the particular person you wish to block from the list that appears.
- If you can't find the user using this method, go directly to the person's profile and selecting Block from the menu on their cover photo as shown on the photo above.
Note that Facebook users will not be notified when you block them.
The above steps will help you block any annoying Facebook user.
Next, lets see how to unblock someone on Facebook.
How to Unblock a Facebook Friend/UserTo unblock a user, one thing you should know is that you will need to send the user a new Friend request because unblocking doesn't automatically add the person to your list of friends.
To unblock a Facebook user, simply follow the procedure below;
- Click in the upper-right corner of your homepage and select How do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Click View All Blocked Users.
- Click Unblock next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
I hope this guide was helpful and you were able to block and or unblock Facebook friends/users.
Don't be selfish, share it!